36 Gilbert Street, Lyndoch

Historic Landmark Residence to be Sold

Inspection Times:
Sat 29/10/2016 01:45 PM to 02:30 PM
Near the heart of Lyndoch a large 13 room residence sits on approximately 3000 sqm with true historic Influences built in the 1850's of Barossa Valley Ironstone.
It originally served as a hotel named "The Barossa Inn".
Then around 1917 when it changed hands and became the Lyndoch Bakery.
The brothers significantly altered the building employing tradesmen to divide the original ball room into a second self-contained house.
The present owners are reluctantly selling due to increasing business commitments in Adelaide.
Significantly renovated the building presently comprises of:
Primary residence of 7 main rooms.
Second residence (fully self-contained) of 6 main rooms and private rear garden.
Fully capturing original character, spacious tastefully decorated rooms throughout with the warmth and charm of the by gone era.
Open fire places, high ceilings. A large cellar is accessible from within the home.
Garaging consist of a barn capable of housing 3 cars. Other out building on the property are a wood shed, workroom of the bakery.
This distinctive home offers tremendous charm and character of the era with prime main street frontage and location.
The potential for the new owners is to restore the property to a original large ground residence.
An appealing bed and breakfast or enjoy a comfortable lifestyle with an income.
Delightful garden.
Convenient Barossa Location, close to Gawler.