CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to collect Personal information supplied by means that are fair, legal and transparent. If you visit CENTURY 21 Australia's web-site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and CENTURY 21 Australia's web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you. If you disclose personal data to CENTURY 21 Australia in conjunction with an identifier such as your name or your credit-card details, CENTURY 21 Australia will collect this personal information supplied.
CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to store personal information supplied in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to transmit personal information supplied in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity, however unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
CENTURY 21 Australia will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services, however we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to use personal information supplied only for:
- the purposes for which it was collected;
- such other purposes as are subsequently agreed between CENTURY 21 Australia and You;
- such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, CENTURY 21 Australia will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the use has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
- such additional purposes as are authorised by law (in particular to protect CENTURY 21 Australia's interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfil your undertakings to CENTURY 21 Australia or have committed a breach of the criminal law).
CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to use personal information supplied only if it has demonstrable relevance to the particular use to which it is being put.
Disclosure refers to making personal information supplied available to any party other than CENTURY 21 Australia and You. The term disclosure may include many different conditions of data transfer, including selling, renting, trading, sharing and giving.
Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to disclose personal information supplied only under the following circumstances:
- in the course of business being conducted between You and CENTURY 21 Australia, where disclosure is necessary to a contractor, such as a transport company. Where Personal information supplied is disclosed in this way, CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to exercise control over CENTURY 21 Australia's contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
- in other circumstances that are directly implied by the purpose agreed between You and CENTURY 21 Australia at the time of data collection or subsequently. Where Personal information supplied is disclosed in this way, CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to exercise control over CENTURY 21 Australia's contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
- with your consent, or at your request;
- where required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or sub poena. In these circumstances, CENTURY 21 Australia will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the disclosure has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law;
- where permitted by law (e.g. the reporting of suspected breach of the criminal law to a law enforcement agency; and in an emergency, where CENTURY 21 Australia believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure of Personal information supplied will materially assist in the protection of the life of health of some person), provided that CENTURY 21 Australia will apply due diligence to ensure that the exercise of the permission is justifiable.
In all cases, CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes to disclose only such of personal information supplied as is necessary in the particular circumstances.
Changes to These Privacy Undertakings
CENTURY 21 Australia undertakes:
- not to materially change these Terms in a manner that reduces the protections for Personal information supplied;
- to take all possible steps to prevent any company that acquires this company or any of its relevant assets from materially changing the Terms applicable to Personal information supplied in a manner that reduces the protections for Personal information supplied;
- where it is considering making changes to these Terms, or creating more specific Terms relating to specific services, to consult with appropriate representative and advocacy organizations;
- where it makes changes to these Terms, to ensure that the differences between successive versions are readily accessible;
- to maintain all prior versions of these Terms in such a manner that they are dated, and readily accessible.
I the said applicant declare that all information contained in this application is true and correct and that the information is provided of my own free will. I further authorize that agent to contact any of the referees supplied by me in this application for verification.